Under California law, “domestic violence” means abuse committed against an adult or a minor who is:
- a former or current spouse,
- a former or current cohabitant,
- or person with whom the suspect has had a child or is having or has had a dating or engagement relationship.
In California, the conviction of domestic violence may result in a variety of penalties:
- jail or prison time,
- huge fines,
- sessions of mandatory domestic violence counseling,
- orders of personal conduct or victim protective orders ( such as stay away orders),
- classes of mandatory alcohol education.
For that reason, it is crucial that the accused of domestic violence in California have an aggressive and qualified attorney in order to handle the case. If you or a loved one have been accused of California domestic violence, you should consider contacting a California Criminal Defense Attorney to discuss the case and learn how you can get the best possible outcome for you.
The Margarian Law Firm aggressively protects the rights of criminal defendants in California. There are always defenses that can help you avoid penalties. Moreover, sometimes a person can be innocent and, notwithstanding all circumstances, be accused of committing a crime by mistake. We will evaluate your case and engage as fast as possible in your defense for trial. Do not hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to get the best possible outcome for You!
If you need detailed information and professional help you are on the right way, do not hesitate to call or send email to The Margarian Law Office. 818-553-1000